Table of Contents
- The Information Gild Collects
- The Way Gild Uses Information
- When Gild Discloses Information
- Your Choices
- Data Security
- Children’s Privacy
- International Visitors
- In the Event of Merger or Sale
- Third Parties
- Effective Date, Date Last Modified
- Gild Contact Information
The Information Gild Collects:back to top ^
- Information You Provide: You may provide to Gild what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, education history, email address, credit card number, postal mailing address, and telephone numbers) if you use certain services or products from the Gild Service, enter contests or sweepstakes, or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Gild Service.
- Assessments. You may take certain assessments (“Assessments”) on the Gild Service in order to complete your profile and apply for certain positions. By taking such Assessments, which Gild reserves the right to review and score in its sole discretion, you acknowledge that Gild may store, use and disclose such Assessments and your performance in such Assessments at Gild’s sole discretion on the Gild Service in connection with your profile and the Gild Service.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you access the Gild Service (including through your computer or your mobile device) or open one of our emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), a unique user ID, version of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on the Gild Service, and the dates and times that you visit the Gild Service.
- “Cookies” Information: When you access the Gild Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer. Gild may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Gild Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings.
- “Pixel Tags” or “Clear Gifs”: A pixel tag, also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our Gild Service but not on your computer. When you access these pages, pixel tags generate a generic notice of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular computer visits a particular page. If you turn off cookies the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous website visit.
The Way Gild Uses Information:back to top ^
- Gild uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide the various features and services found on the Gild Service as well as to track user-generated content and Users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable laws.
- We may use your email address, without further consent, for administrative communications such as notifying you of major Gild Service updates, for customer service purposes, and to send privacy or security related notices.
- Gild uses the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Gild Service works and looks, to create new features and functionality.
- Gild may use “Automatically Collected” information and “Cookies” information to: (a) automatically update the Gild application on your system; (b) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Gild Service; (c) provide customized third-party advertisements, content and information; (d) monitor and report on the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (e) monitor and report aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and (d) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- Gild does not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your prior express consent. Please be aware, however, that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on any publicly available portion of the Gild Service becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others without restriction.
- Additionally, in order to enable potential hiring parties to find and hire you, the Gild Service allows recruiters, employers, hiring managers, headhunters, and human resources professionals to view and search user profiles on the Gild Service. The information shared with such entities may include the information you have provided to us or that we have otherwise collected about you, as well as any Assessments you have taken on the Gild Service.
- Gild may disclose Automatically Collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to assist those parties in understanding the usage and demographic patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, or other functionality on the Gild Service.
- Gild may disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright or trademark law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, judicial or other government requirement, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
Your Choices and Access to your Personal Information:back to top ^
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.back to top ^
Gild does not provide your personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Gild to show an advertisement to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
Gild uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Gild, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Gild makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Gild learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Gild may post a notice on the Gild Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to top ^
You must be over the age of 18 to use and/or access the Gild Service.
If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Gild Service at any time or in any manner.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Gild does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Gild learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on or through the Gild Service, then Gild will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Gild Service member, then please contact Gild at email@example.com to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted.back to top ^
For Users visiting the Gild Service from the European Union or other non-U.S. territories, please note that any data you enter into the Gild Service will be transferred outside the European Union or such other non-U.S. territory for use by Gild and its affiliates for any of the purposes described herein. In addition, because Gild operates globally, we may make information we gather available to worldwide business units and affiliates. By providing any data on the Gild Service, you hereby expressly consent to such transfers of your data to the United States or other countries.back to top ^
In the event that Gild is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.back to top ^
Except as otherwise expressly provided otherwise, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you or that you disclose to us. If you disclose your information to others besides Gild, whether they are users of the Gild Service or on other sites or services, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the information you disclose to them. Gild does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.back to top ^